Building Permit Information
Application for Building Permit Information
Applications can be made at the Town of Stettler Office.
If not provided at the time of development permit application, three sets of building plans are required that describe the following:
- Architectural approval stamp (if required)
- Elevations (Front, Side, and Rear)
- Floor Plan, including the room sizes and window sizes
- Cross Section
- Foundation details
The following information may be required for manufactured components of construction or for smaller scaled developments without engineered plans:
- Letter from Supplier
- Roof Truss Schematics
- Mobile Home Information Form
- Foundation Layout/Materials Form
- Sample Cross Section Information Form
- Construction Details Form
- Wood Burning Information Form
Fees for building permits are calculated at $5.00 for every $1,000 of construction costs plus a 4.0% safety codes levy. Construction Values are calculated in accordance with the most current fee schedule (see fee schedule on right). Work may commence when appropriate information and fees have been obtained from the applicant.
For further information on Building Code standards, and what types of development require building permits contact the Town’s Safety Codes Officer (IJD Inspections).
All other construction permits (Electrical, Gas, and Plumbing) must be obtained from a certified inspector.