Stettler Recreation Centre to Remain Open With Enhanced Restrictions
In cooperation with the current Government of Alberta health measures, the Stettler Recreation Centre will be implementing the following temporary regulations beginning September 20th, 2021:
- Public fitness, including Fitness Centre access and Public Swim, will be open at 1/3 of the facility’s capacity. A distance of three (3) metres must be maintained between individuals residing from different households.
- Vaccine-eligible adult participants in aquatic and fitness group classes must show a government-approved proof of vaccination at the front desk. Proof of a single vaccine will be accepted until October 25th, at which point proof of double vaccination will be mandatory.
- Masks must be worn at all times when indoors (excluding when in the pool and on the pool deck), and a social distance of three (3) metres must be maintained.
- Spectators attending sporting events may occupy 1/3 of the facility's capacity; masking and a social distance of three (3) metres must be maintained while in the building.
- Groups that are renting a recreation facility must confirm that all adult participants within their party are vaccinated. These facilities include meeting rooms, rinks, The HUB, and the Stettler Community Hall. Proof of a single vaccine will be accepted until October 25th, at which point proof of double vaccination will be mandatory.
The Town of Stettler would like to advise that, although we understand the frustration that may be caused by these restrictions, our facilities maintain a zero-tolerance policy for harassment. We ask that you treat all employees with empathy and respect as they work to adjust to evolving regulations and provide patrons with a safe and amicable environment. Further inquiries related to the Stettler Recreation Centre may be directed to Parks & Leisure Services at 403-742-4411. If you have any questions regarding participation in a rental agreement within the Stettler Recreation Centre or Community Hall, please contact the facilitator of your organization or event. We thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.